with sweet chutney
- 1 tablespoon Rapeseed Kernel Oil NATURAL-NUTTY
- 250 g flour
- 200 ml milk
- 20 g fresh yeast
- 30 g sugar
- 75 g raisins
- 1 egg
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon Rapeseed Kernel Oil BUTTER TASTE
- 2 apples (cubed)
- 100 ml apple juice
- 1 bowl of blackcurrants (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons blackcurrant jam
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- First put the flour in a bowl, make a hole in the middle, add the crumbled yeast and mix it with some lukewarm milk. After this, place this dough for about 15 minutes in a warm place. After resting, conzinue adding all remaining pastry ingredients to the dough and mix together. Let the finished dough rest again in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour.
- After the dough has risen, add the Rapeseed Kernel Oil NATURAL-NUTTY to a hot pan and place the dough in portions in the oil (approx. 7 cm in diameter, flatten them slightly if necessary). Fry the little “Struwen” at medium heat until they are crispy on both sides.
- For the chutney: Heat Rapeseed Kernel Oil BUTTER TASTE in a small pot. Add the sugar and half of the apple cubes and heat until hot. Deglaze the ingredients with the apple juice. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes, until the mixture begins to thicken. Mash the mixture and season it with blackcurrant jam. Finally, add the remaining apples and the blackcurrants. Serve it as a sweet accompaniment to the “Struwen”.