with fish and fresh ginger
- 2 soup spoons Rapeseed Kernel Oil EXTRA-MILD
- 400 g mixed fish filets without skin (e.g. salmon, tuna, pollack)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 slice fresh ginger
(ca. 2 cm)
- 2 white onions
- 1 green chili
- 1 ½ soup spoons yellow curry paste
- 4 soup spoons minced Thai basil
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 400 ml fish stock
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 3 soup spoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Je 3 soup spoons white soy- and fish sauce
- Peel and mince garlic and ginger. Cut onions lengthwise into fine pieces. Cut the chili lengthwise, remove seeds and cut the pulp into small slices.
- Heat the Rapeseed Kernel Oil EXTRA-MILD in a pot or wok. Add garlic, ginger and chili and roast on medium heat for 3-4 minutes while stirring. Add and mix in curry paste and 2 soup spoons Thai basil. Add coconut milk, fish stock and vegetable stock. Season with 2 soup spoons each lime juice, soy sauce and fish sauce. Let it simmer for 6-8 minutes on low heat.
- Cut the fish into bite-sized pieces, add to the soup. Let the soup steep on low heat for another 5-6 minutes. Season once more with lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce and garnish with the minced Thai basil.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Replace Thai basil by Chinese parsley and white onions by green onions.